
Describing the joy you have both brought into our lives would be
impossible. We are so blessed to have you in our family. We were told at times that you were not going to make it. What an amazing journey. Ten years ago today you came into this world. Happy 10th Birthday. When I was pregnant with you(about 17 weeks) they told us that my appendix had ruptured. The doctor said "The twins probably will not make it because your appendix is so close to your uterus. We have to get you into to surgery now!" The doctor was amazed, my uterus moved down away from my appendix. The surgery went great and my 2 little angels kept on growing.
Then a few months later(33 weeks) it was time for the real
excitement. You came into this world ready to fight. You were
a whopping 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 lbs. You were wheeled into
the NICU before we could hold you. It was a long 3 weeks.
I was ayoung mother with so many questions. I had never been in the NICU before, but something was strange to me. Why was Cole so far across the room from his sister? I begged and pleaded to get you close to each other. Corah, you really needed your brother because the day that they put you in the same bed, you THRIVED. You really needed him. You grew stronger by the minute. At this time, you were under 3 lbs. You fought so hard. The nurses made it a game to put you away from Cole and see how long it would take for you to scoot back to cuddling him. Who says a 3 pound infant can't scoot? Sometimes within 5 minutes you were right back to spooning his little body like this. You had many visitors that came to see you that prayed very hard for you. It wasn't long and you were both strong and ready to come home (because of
course Cole wanted to wait for Corah).
Cole,

Happy Birthday Cole! You are 7 minutes older so you are first. Cole, you are my fireball of love! You are electricity wherever you go. Your smile lifts me up everyday and your cute face never fails to spread happiness. You are such a giving person Cole. You are the peacemaker of our home. Thank you for trying so hard to please us. I don't remember ever asking you to do something when you didn't do it. Thank you for helping me so much. I know deep down you absolutely love being a twin. Thank you for loving your sister so much. I am so proud of you for getting straight A's. You are so intelligent. I know one day you will be a scientologist learning how to make a new species of lizards. When you were 2 you could catch lizards and frogs and spiders and katydids and crickets and more lizards and bring them into the house to show me. Yes, you caught spiders. I would scream every time, but I knew you were talented. You are so great at making friends too. Thank
you for the love and laughter you spread so willingly. I love you so much Cole Robert.
Corah,

My sweet angel! Happy Birthday. You know you are my sunshine. I truly believe you were sent to this earth to help me. You remind me of all of the magic this world has to offer. You are so full of goodness. Thank you for being strong. You have so much determination. I see it in your eyes whether you are playing basketball, wrestling, talking to a friend or even just doing your homework. You live your life with full force and I am proud of you. Thanks for being a great big sister. Thank you for trying to excel in all that you do. You have many leadership qualities. Happy Birthday little Corah Ashley!



Happy, Happy 10th my twins!!
Corah hun, I know you don't like this picture,
but if you would just let me take another one.....I would change it.
Love,
Mom



8 comments:
I can't believe it's been ten years! I have so many fun memories when they were babies.. like Cole spitting up in my MOUTH! and watching him climb all over the place at 6 months old. He has always been the MOST coordinated little thing! And Corah watching her brother crawl circles around her while she just sat with her round belly and smiled. Corah, you have always been such a sweet heart. You are mature beyond your years and have so much to offer the world! We love you both so much and we're SO glad you fought so hard ten years ago.
Another memory I have is scrapbooking for your mom when you were about 2 years old. I was going through pictures of when you were born and Corah looked at a picture of the two babies in the incubator. She started crying and said, "Oh no. Coley sick. Oh no." It was so sad but also so special because you two were definitely fighting TOGETHER. Ten years later, you are still such great friends. Love you lots! Happy birthday! Wish we could celebrate with you!!!!
Janey--why can't I get my pictures to save right? Help.
Happy Birthday too them!!! I will send it to ya!! Love ya
What an amazing story. I'm so glad you wrote it all down here. What a beautiful tribute!
I can't believe they are so old!! I remember the first time I saw them and now it has been ten years! Oh how I love Cole and Corah! They are both very special individuals and I'm grateful that I am in their family! I love you Cole and Corah!
Kris.. you are not resizing the collages. Before you EDIT them (where you add text) make sure to make them 300% by clicking on the walnut tab. Right now they are 400X400, but can be up to 1200X1200. If you want them to be in your hardbound blog book, they will have to be bigger. Good luck!
Kristy,
You have such beautiful children and they have such a beautiful mom! This post is so sweet and made me want to be a twin too! The picture of Corah and Cole in the hospital is amazing- you can just feel the love there.
That was so sweet to read. I loved getting to know your beautiful children when we were all at your grandma's birthday. Happy Birthday Corah and Cole!
Post a Comment